Debenhams Interview Questions
Debenhams interviews are mostly typical interview questions based. The interviewers are focusing on the customer service related questions. There will be a kind of role play. They will ask you to demonstrate how you would manage a difficult customer. Can you be polite and professional even when a customer is difficult and demanding? The interviewer will want to see that you value the customers.
There will be a section where you will need to sell a product too. You will be asked to sell an unpopular item. You will need to show your sale skills during this part. Be creative and show them that you can sell their products if they employ you.
Debenhams are the one of the most popular department stores in the country. Debenhams jobs are therefore popular in the UK. The company is receiving hundreds of job applications every week. You must prepare for your interview if you win one.
You should also have an excellent CV and a covering letter along with it to win an interview from Debenhams. Needless to say that you should highlight your sales and retail skills in order to receive the full attention of the Debenhams guys.
Don’t be too nervous and be there at least 15 minutes before the appointed time to get used to the place.
Debenhams Interview Questions
- What is your week looks like?
What skills can you bring to the team?
- Why Debenhams?
- Tell me about a time when you’ve had to keep organised, how did you do this?
- Tell me about a time when you solved a problem? What is your greatest achievement?
- Name some competitors. What would an allocator do on a daily basis?
- A time when you provided excellent customer service
- Give an example of when you have been commercially beneficial
- Give an example of a time where you have made the best of a difficult situation
- What does this role involve?
- What do you know about Debenhams?
- Describe your ideal work situation?
- How would you make yourself part of the team?
- Where have you received excellent customer service and where have you received poor customer service?
- What do you think a sales advisor role entails?
- What would you do if the store was quiet?
- Why do you want to work for debenhams?
- Why do you think that Debenhams is better than its competitors?
- What do you know about merchandising?
- Describe a time when you managed a deadline and discovered it had changed.
- What could you personally bring to the company?
- What do you plan to do in the New Year when the contract is up?
- What opensouce project have I contributed towards?
- Tell me a time that you have improved something?
- Describe a time when you managed your workload during a very busy period.
- Why should we hire you?
- Describe a time where you used your initiative.
- What made you choose to apply to Debenhams?
- Why would you like to work for Debenhams?
- Give some examples of teamwork
- Describe a difficult work situation project and how you overcame it
- Are you willing to travel?
- What can you contribute to this company?
- Name an occasion when you have received good customer service?
- What do you think are our main competitors?
- How would you get the customer to spend more?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want this job?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What motivates you?
photo by: roberto