With such a high unemployment rate the current job market is saturated, so you must use every opportunity to get ahead of the competition. That includes using your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media profiles to search for a new job and get hired.
Social Job Seekers infographic by jobvite.com can help you to avoid the mistaked and make the most of your profile to get that next great job!
– Over half of all social media users have used Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter to search for a job.
– The majority of job seekers have a social network profile, and 31% have Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
– 16% of job seekers found their last job using online social network.
– The majority of job seekers use Facebook to locate new job opportunities, but use LinkedIn to network with existing contacts to help their search.
– 40% of job seekers are ‘Super Social’ with over 150 contacts on one of their social profiles, where 28% of these Super Socials found their last job using social media.
– More Super Social job seekers modified their Facebook privacy settings with work in mind; made contact with recruiters on LinkedIn; and searched for jobs on Twitter.
– 60% of those that found their last job using social networks are men.