It is well known that the job market is tough, so you must take every opportunity to make a good impression, sell yourself and get it right first time.
– The average face-to-face interview lasts 40 minutes. Make a good impression by arriving on time and providing copies of your CV to the employer.
– Telephone interviews are becoming more popular amongst recruiters to weedle down the number of applicants. These last an average of 30 minutes.
– If you’re asked to take an aptitude test, prepare by completing online practice tests where possible and improve on weak areas.
– 60% of managers now conduct video interviews. If that is for you then make sure your equipment is working properly in advance of the interview.
– If you’re asked to be part of a group interview then your listening skills will be just as important as your communication and leadership qualities.
– There are various types of interviewers who should be dealt with in different ways. Be prepared to be flexible in your interview.
This infographic by Interview Success Formula has some great tips to get your application noticed.