2 years on work programme…now what??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Im coming to the end of my 2 years on the work programme, anybody know what to expect next? Do I get referred back to job centre? They say I may be referred back to them within a month and I am dreading being referred back as it does nothing for me and is not helpful in any way what so ever. Two more years of being grilled about what im doing, I wont cope!

thanks

Learnist Careers
    Participant

I think you will be referred back to the Job Centre and be expected to sign on and continue to search for jobs.  You will now have the benefit of all that knowledge and experience from the programme (?!), and employers get some costs paid if they employ you from the work programme so in theory you stand a better chance of getting a job.
    I would like to say that I was signing on at the Job Centre for a period and although I agree it is not always constructive, it did give me an incentive to continue to search through a variety of sources (newspapers, internet, visiting employers) to get back into employment, and made me reassess my criteria.  In the end I applied for jobs which were further away than I had initially considered, and got a job which I enjoy.

Anonymous

Try to stay positive about it. Work hard on searching for a job and hopefully you will have more success this time. Also see the job centre as a service that you can use and make use of their expertise to get the answers to your questions, get the best CV out there and apply to the best employers. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.