You can't work more than 48 hours a week however you can opt out from this limit. If you are under 18 years old then you can't work more than 8 hours or 40 hours per week.
You may have to work more than 48 hours a week on average if you work in a job:
- where 24-hour staffing is required
- in the armed forces, emergency services or police
- in security and surveillance
- as a domestic servant in a private household
- as a seafarer, sea-fisherman or worker on vessels on inland waterways
- where working time is not measured and youâ€™re in control, eg youâ€™re a managing executive with control over your decisions
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.