There are so many different jobs out there and it’s such a big choice that it’s difficult to know where to start. Well if you’re a big fan of social media and know who to talk to and where to find people then perhaps you’d be a great Social Media Marketer?
There are 850 million people checking their Facebook accounts on a monthly basis, and these individuals form a massive market. If the companies selling goods can sell to even a fraction of this market, that’s a lot of sales! So companies employ Social Media Marketers to better understand the market, and create campaigns to sell to the individuals. Take a look at this Infographic to better understand how this could help your career plans.
- 77% of businesses selling direct to customers acquired their customer through Facebook.
The three countries with the most Twitter users are USA, Brazil and Japan, and 34% of marketers have gained leads through Twitter.
- 69% of customers visiting Pinterest have found an item they have bought or wanted to buy.
- There are over 500 million users registered on Google+ and 40% of marketers have an account.
- 50% of small businesses have reported gaining new business through social media.
- If you post between 1-4pm EST you’ll receive higher number of click-throughs.
- People have limited time to check their social media so make Tweets short and pertinent and use images to get your messages across.
- Use the right social media for your marketing campaign – do some research and find out who you’re aiming your campaign at and which demographic uses various social media. The majority of Google+ users are single males. 80% of Pinterest users are women, and 50% of Pinterest users have children.
- Don’t just blindly send out messages without responding to what comes back. 56% of customer’s tweets are ignored, leading to reduced return customers.
- 30% of brands are not using social media to its full potential because they don’t have employees with the right skills.