If you’re on the hunt for a new job then you should try to understand how the recruitment process works so that you can get ahead of the competition. This excellent infographic by Behiring can give you an insight into the world of the recruiter.
Things to know for a jobseeker:
– Make sure the important parts of your CV are very clear as the average time spent looking at a CV is 5-7 seconds.
– Don’t add your photo to your CV as 88% of applications with a photo are rejected.
– Less than 1 out of every 5 application letters are read, so make sure yours stands out from the rest.
– 250 CVs are received for each job vacancy advertised, and just a single spelling mistake or grammatical error can mean your CV goes straight in the bin.
– 2/3 employers will review your Facebook page.
– The majority of employers are using social media within their recruitment process.
– The email address you use for business contacts is important – if it sounds unprofessional there’s a higher chance of rejection.
Related: How to write a winning CV