Tesco is the one of the biggest retail company in the UK. The company owns thousands of stores across the UK and has over 300,000 employees and always looking for more people to employ.
We have made a list of interview questions you might likely to receive during your Tesco interview. Be very well prepared for your big day and make sure that you can answer following questions.
Tesco Interview Questions
Following questions are for Customer Assistant, Team Leader and Cashier roles.
- When have you worked effectively as part of a team and how?
- When you have dealt with a difficult person and how?
- What makes an efficient team?
- An example of when I had to do something difficult for someone?
- How do you find it when working with new people?
- Give an example of when you have had to work effectively in a team
- Give an example of when you have had to keep a piece of information confidential
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why Tesco?
- Why do you want to work for Tesco?
- Why should we hire you?
- What makes you best person for this job?
- What motivates you?
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?
- Was there an occasion where you have had to change your behaviour.
- What are you doing in your life right now?
- Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- Describe a time when you went the extra mile for a customer.
- What is Teamwork?
- What is your favourite biscuit?
- Describe a tine when you had to do something at work that isn’t in your role and explain how you dealt with it?
- How would you deal with a customer complaint?
- Give an example of how you have worked successfully as part of a team.
- In your own words, what is good customer service?
- What past experience do you have that could benefit you in the role that you have applied for?
- Name a time you worked under pressure
- Name a time you went the extra mile for someone?
- Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager?
- What would you do if someone needed help?
- Tell me about a time you’ve not been able to complete a deadline as you planned?
- Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
- A time you worked as part of a team? Time you had to overcome a challenge?
- Current challenges?
- What is good customer service?
- What is good team work?
- When have you worked under pressure?
- Customers are arguing with you over the price mismatch, how do you resolve this?
- When have you done something different for a customer/out of comfort zone?
- What makes good teamwork?
- What skills would you bring to the company?
- Name a time when you did more than was expected of you.
- Why are you passionate about the brand?
- Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.
- Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.
- What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?
- What are your personal values?
- What do you think makes an effective team?
- Tell us about a time when you made a decision quickly / adapted to a changing situation / worked in a team.
- What is the biggest professional achievement of your career?
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge and three things you learnt from it
Good luck with your interview and let us know if you have more questions to add to our list.
photo by: lady