Use this example CV for free for your job applications after amending it as suitable.
CV Example for Concierge
A friendly and efficient concierge with a flair for great customer service who strives to ensure a warm and memorable stay for all guests.
Evergreen High School
Standard Grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 3
Standard Grade French 5
Standard Grade History 4
Standard Grade Science 2
HNC Travel & Tourism
May 2008 – Present Breathnach Hotel
I was successful in moving into the role of Concierge and enjoy my role. I enjoy ensuring guests feel welcome and using my knowledge of the local area.
Key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
• Greeting guests when arriving at the hotel – including leaving/getting into vehicles
• Ensuring all Front of House Areas are kept clean
• Ensuring that Concierge Service runs smoothly and we provide all services offered to our guests efficiently
• Providing assistance to reception when needed
• Providing extensive information to guests on the local area, hotel and directions
• Ensuring that guests first impression of the hotel is the best one that it can be
September 1999 – May 2008 Breathnach Hotel
Position: Senior Receptionist
On my colleague’s return from maternity leave I was successful in securing the Senior Receptionist position within the main Hotel.
Key responsibilities not limited to:
• Supervise the Front Desk, ensuring procedures are being followed at all times
• Ensure the efficient running of the Front Desk operations, including developing rotas
• Liaising with Housekeeping with regards to room priorities etc
• Liaise with various managers to ensure smooth running of operations
• Ensure payment queries re settled prior to departure
• Deal with any complaints or queries effectively and professionally
Along with my colleagues we developed a system for communicating with each other using a document that was updated each day, detailing any issues we’d had or information which required passing on, which could be used as a handover. This has reduced the amount of missed information being passed over between shifts and various departments.
September 1999 – July 2000 Breathnach Hotel
Position: Leisure & Spa Senior Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
I took this role as maternity cover and gained some valuable skills and experience in terms of managing a team and responsibilities.
Key responsibilities not limited to:
• Responsibility for a team of 5, including full time and part time staff
• Developing rotas and all aspects of staffing
• Maintaining standards to ensure guests needs and expectations are mets
• Controlling budgets
• Promoting Leisure & Spa services and products
I assessed where we advertised our special offers and services and identified and areas where we had less bookings. I identified that our pregnancy packages were not big sellers for us. I conducted some research and identified a variety of places we could advertise to reach our target audience. The increases in sales of these services were increased by over 60%.
I was given responsibility for the Shoe Department. This involved dressing the displays and ensuring we were achieving targets set by head office on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I was successful in turning around the performance of the department so that it achieved its target 92% of the time I was in the role.
April 1995 – September 1999 Breathnach Hotel
Position: Hotel Receptionist
I started in this role on leaving school. It was a very interesting and varied role which taught me a great deal about the hotels and the hospitality industry.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Greeting customers on arrival at the hotel
• Taking bookings and inputting into the booking system
• Handling customer complaints and queries
• Ensuring occupancy rates were maintained and advising the appropriate managers
• Breakfast shift – often worked this serving guests
• Housekeeping – occasionally undertook housekeeping as required
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my wife and young children. I also enjoy long walks and hill climbing.