Cane, rattan, bamboo are all hot favorites now. They can validate or enhance a score when you’re vintage shopping or thrifting. Basically, everyone wants everything natural and woven. The reasons are apt too.
- Woven accents add a textural element and you need texture in every space.
- Woven pieces are generally good because they are unique.
- Even if you install a rattan stool and even if a thousand other folks have the same stuff, it’s still going to be one-of-a-kind.
- Rattan, cane and bamboo are all different and distinct materials with distinguishable properties and charm.
- Most of them in use today are in a specific type of property/space.
- You can incorporate woven accents in traditional, classic designs. Much the assorted vibe comes from slender rattan pieces.
- Picture the space with a typical white upholstered sofa instead of that wonderful rattan chair. It would never look so great.
- You can incorporate woven accents in playful, fun designs as well. A rattan bed in a kid space builds the space. It becomes the showstopper.
- Although a rug-wallpaper would still make it awesome, but the rattan material adds an extra element.
- You can also incorporate woven accents in minimal and clean designs. When there’s not much happening in your room, the woven pieces can become its center and front.
- Pair the rattan with rustic wood pieces to get that tonality.
Using cane furniture in home interiors
Cane has seen a massive surge in modern designs, with designers and homeowners embracing woven materials and handmade furniture. Cane is re-entering the mainstream.
- While cane was never out of vogue, you can see how this timeless, age-old trend is undergoing a reinvention today.
- Its comeback involves peacock chairs, dip-dyed finishes, woven-chair fronts and backs, and classic weave patterns.
- A versatile, durable and tensile material, cane is ideal for outdoor and indoor furniture and accessories.
- It’s light weight, clean, eco-friendly, textured, and exudes a vintage yet casual vibe.
- It blends fantastically with many décor styles, such as bohemian, contemporary and ethnic Indian.
- In a living room, a rattan wicker sofa can make a terrific style statement when you pair it with luxury upholstery. You need use sofa covers to keep them clean and safe.
- Use the regular sets for informal areas like an activity area or a reading room.
- Vintage and elegant armchairs gel well with all types of interiors and natural elements.
- Go for the canes that have curvy designs of the colonial era. You can choose the ones with sharp silhouettes and contemporary finishes.
- Pair them with same color cane ottomans.
- In your bedroom, use peacock chair vouches. Style them with drawer chests, a rug, and plants to get that charming look.
- Get a rattan partition to create a more private and compact space.
The natural woven stuff
You can focus on your trays as well. Use woven chargers to set the table. When you have a dark and polished wood that has a woven seat, you know you must set things differently. Natural woven textures like cane and rattan are becoming ubiquitous features in every household these days.