Hotel Receptionist Job Description
The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the hotel’s vision and values on customer satisfaction. The main purposes of the hotel reception area’s staff are to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the General Manager to maintain a smooth room bookings service.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
2. To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service.
3. To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
4. To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible.
5. To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
6. To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
7. To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
8. To administer all routes of reservations (eg, online, phone) to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
9. To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently.
10. To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests.
11. To report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager.
12. To administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner.
13. To undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service).
14. To adhere to all fire safety test procedures. To assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire.
15. To undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post as and when required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A friendly and welcoming approachHigh standards of dress and presentationAbility to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environmentThe ability to work unsupervisedExcellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone mannerGood administrative skills and the ability to use email and booking systemsGood team working skills.SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
Previous customer service experiencePrevious experience in hospitality.See also:
Receptionist CV example
Receptionist cover letter