With so many people being connected to so many different social media it is surprising if we aren’t contacted every week by companies saying we have won money or can claim £ thousands if we just fill in a form.
Make sure you don’t get caught out by reading this infographic by Jobsite and Evenbase to know how to avoid the internet scams and spams during your job search.
– If you’ve been told that you will get money for nothing or a job without an interview, and it sounds too good to be true then it probably is just that. Don’t believe it!
– You will probably have registered with a wide variety of job search websites, companies and agencies. These companies should not be passing your contact details on so if you receive a message from a company that you don’t recognise then be wary.
– Look for clues to see if the offer is legitimate. If it comes from a gmail or similar account rather than a company then it is less likely to be real.
– If you’re concerned then enter the email address or company reference into a search engine to see what comes up.
– Don’t enter your passport number, credit card details, national insurance number or any other information into a website which you are not sure about. Be satisfied that the company is legitimate before entering personal data.