August 23, 2018 at 3:25 pm #33926Learnist CareersParticipant
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Store Technician based in Failsworth, Manchester. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldnâ€™t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and offices. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britainâ€™s shoppers a little better every day.
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but arenâ€™t limited toâ€¦
* A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
* Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
* Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
* Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
* Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
* A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
* Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and inhouse technical specialists.
* 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
* Long service awards starting after 15 years.
* Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, the In Store Technician will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
* Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
* Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary.
* Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLAâ€™s.
* Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be escalated.
* Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors.
* Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards.
* Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
* Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Maintenance and/or engineering experience
* Experience working in customer service
* Experience working remotely
* Good time management
* The ability to build relationships quickly
* Good communication skills
* An awareness of cost and budget controls
* Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
* An awareness of up to date Health and Safety measures
* Full UK driving licence (essential)
Ideal additional skills include:
* Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
* Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department
Job Title: Store Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: Today
Job Type: Permanent
County: Greater Manchester
Country: United Kingdom
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.