September 17, 2013 at 7:12 am #33502Learnist CareersParticipant
Google say things move very quickly there, at internet speed meaning that they need their employees to be very nimble and this applies to their interview process also.
They seek people who want big challenges and welcome big changes and they are looking for people for the long term.
The process of how to get a job at Google is simple. Apply for a position online. If the recruiter is interested and your skills match then they will usually start with a phone interview followed by an onsite interview at one of their locations.
They are looking for smart, team oriented people who get the job done and during an interview with Google you are likely to meet with 4 or 5 different people maybe at the same time or individually so that they can get a good feel for your skills and fit to the company.
They look for a variety of strengths and passions but will look at your previous experience and background to ensure that you are the correct fit and ensure that you will be successful in the role in which you are being interviewed for. For any technical roles your skills maybe tested during an interview.
Google have their own version of the Ten Commandments, items that they follow and update regularly to ensure that it works for you, they are as follows:
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow
2. Itâ€™s best to do one thing really, really well
3. Fast is better than slow
4. Democracy on the web works
5. You donâ€™t need to be at your desk to need an answer
6. You can make money without doing evil
7. Thereâ€™s always more information out there
8. The need for information crosses all borders
9. You can be serious without a suit
10. Great just isnâ€™t good enough
Google are less concerned with grades and more interested in how you think so your interview will be made up of role plays and real life work questions to show how you problem solve not necessarily by getting the right answer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.