- This topic is empty.
September 12, 2018 at 1:29 pm #33956AnonymousGuest
Have you ever thought about working as a Zoologist? Check out this thread to find out what skills you might need to have in your CV.
Youâ€™ll usually need a degree in a subject like zoology, animal ecology, animal behaviour or conservation.
Skills required for a Zoologist
- the ability to carry out detailed work accurately and methodically
- the ability to plan research, analyse and interpret data, and write reports
- practical and problem-solving skills
- patience, perseverance and the ability to concentrate for long periods
- the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- strong communication and IT skills
- research skills, such as a strong understanding of scientific methods and the tools and resources that you need
- strong written communication skills; for example, when writing scientific reports or creating content for a non-specialist audience
- presentation skills for specialists and for those with little knowledge of the field
- project management and teamworking skills, which may include working in varied teams, for example, with a science coordinator, rangers, or volunteers
- IT skills when recording, analysing and presenting data and reports
- good numerical reasoning as you will need to input data and interpret statistical findings
- attention to detail as you will need to be observant and pick up on small details to ensure accuracy
- patience and perseverance as you may have to make observations for prolonged periods of time
- practical skills; for example, when handling animals or using equipment
- the ability to problem-solve as some things will not go to plan, for example, when capturing and tagging animals in the wild
- organisational skills to plan what equipment you will need and how you will go about conducting your research and managing a varied workload.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.