Matalan Application Form
Matalan is one of the most popular clothing and homewares retail store located in the United Kingdom. The store’s founder found out about a small out of town retail idea where food and non-food items were being sold in the United States. He decided to create the same style of store in the United Kingdom in 1985 in Preston. Today, there are over 190 stores as well as a new distribution center. Matalan houses clothing for Women, Men and Kids as well as homewares.
How to Apply
Matalan offers company jobs that offer great pay and a great place to work. Some of the newest slew of jobs opening up will be located in the Newtownards store location. The jobs available are the Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Department Manager, Admin Manager and General Sales Assistants. Let’s see what each of these jobs entails.
You can apply for Matalan jobs online however you can also visit the store and apply in person via your CV or a printed application form which you can find it from the bottom of this page.
• Store Manager: This is a high impact job as well as a highly visible role when you will be challenged on a day to day basis. Your job will be inspiring your team to bring excellent shopping experiences to your customers. The requirements of the job are that you have what it takes to keep your employees motivated and focused on their job.
• Deputy Manager: This job will require you to manage the store deliveries as well as manage the stockroom as well as day to day administration duties.
• Department Manager: You will be responsible for increasing sales in your department as well as keep your section fully stocked and ordered. You must have creativity since part of the job is setting up displays and counter tops.
• Admin Manager: will be responsible for health and safety audits, stock flow and checks. This job will require you to learn all of the ins and outs of business.
• General Sales Assistants: Here you will be reporting to the store manager. Your job will be to help increase sales by offering customers a high standard of customer service to every customer.
Once you have scored with the application, you will need a company interview. Dress accordingly; do not wear jeans or T-shirt to an interview. Be on time and be well spoken. An employer would like to talk to someone who sounds intelligent and to someone who knows what they are talking about.
32 days’ holiday including bank holidays 20% discount at all stores Life assurance Bonus schemeClick here to download Matalan application form.