Writing a cover letter for the job role of a Office Manager.
If you want to get into an Office Manager role, then the usual route into this is to start in an admin role and progress through the channels due to experience. There are no formal office manager qualifications; it just comes down to experience and knowledge and not just of administration tasks but also being able to manage a situation as well as people under your remit.
An Office Manager runs and manages a busy office environment and is usually the eyes and ears of a business. It is a very important role and one where the Office Manager needs to be exceptionally organised and be a great multi tasker dealing with many different things at once, balancing many balls in the air.
Salaries vary for office managers depending on location, size of company and size of the role but typically an office manager can be paid between £20-30,000 per annum.
As an office manager you can expect to perform some of the following duties:
- Manage the office team – this could consist of a variety of departments not just administration staff
- Organise and manage the reception area and team
- Control budgets for office supplies or anything that needs to be ordered to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Controlling staff holidays in accordance with the MD or HR Manager and ensure enough staff cover at all times
- Attending meetings as part of the management team and providing updates and input into the office including any concerns or changes
- Keep accurate records and logs within the office
- Review and monitor the office and introduce policies and procedures to improve the business
- General administration duties
- The role of an Office Manager is a varied and changes between companies however you will need to be a very organised, efficient and accurate person to run and manage a busy office environment and it will take a great deal of effort and dedication to ensure that an office runs smoothly including the staff associated with the role.
Office Manager Cover Letter Example
Dear HR Manager,
I am writing to submit my application for the position of Office Manager within the (where job based), as seen within your vacancy advertisement on (where you saw job advertised).
Please find my CV attached, from which you can see my academic qualifications including NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Business Administration. I also posses over five years employment as an Office Manager, of which followed from extensive experience within the office industry.
From my training and experience, I have gained many industry related skills such as a knowledge of current laws and regulations, the ability to assure compliance at the facility, typing speed of 62wpm, computer literate in office applications; MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access etc as well as various database software packages. I have also gained experience of the recruitment of new staff and implementing new procedures.
I am available to start immediately, and should you require any further information please feel free to contact me.