Use this example CV for free for your job applications after amending it as suitable.
CV Example for Retail Manager
Telephone: 01234 567 890 Mob: 07777 123 456
Email: your email at com
An energetic and enthusiastic retail manager, commercially-focused with outstanding customer service and management expertise. Possesses an ability to motivate staff, helping them achieve high standards and exceed targets. With a career based in retail, I have a proven track record of maximising retail profitability and prepared to carry out all tasks within the department from customer service; HR; cost controls to successful sales promotions. Works well both independently and as part of a productive team, demonstrating the motivation and problem solving abilities required to meet demanding sales targets while maintaining the highest of standards.
Seeking a challenging role, where my existing skills and qualifications will add value from the outset, whilst I continue to further develop my skills and knowledge in this field.
2012–Present Company Name
• Responsible for managing and motivating a large team of sales staff within a department
• Carried out various tasks – inventory; signage; promotions; administrative tasks
• Assisted in building up the sales for the business using marketing techniques
• Contributed to the success of the business
• Experienced in the upkeep of stats and reporting of sales stats to Senior Staff
• Ensuring staff are familiar with daily/monthly targets
• Responsible for making decisions on stock control
• HR duties – dealing with all aspects of recruitment; staff leave and disciplinary procedures
Date – Date: Company Name
• Responsible for the overall wellbeing of staff while at work
• Keeping communication open and deal with any issues before they became serious
• Arrange and chair regular meetings to discuss new products; promotions; targets etc.
• Successfully run a busy and dynamic store which staff and customers enjoy
• Provide training for staff to ensure customers were receiving excellent service
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2006 – 2008: Foundation Degree in Management & Business – University Name
2002 – 2004: Diploma in Retail Management – University Name
1994 – 1996: GNVQ Advanced in Business Studies, A’ Level Law
1986 – 1994: 7 GCSEs including English and Mathematics (1986 – 1994)
ECDL UpgradeInterpersonal Skills Assertiveness Excellent Attention to DetailThe Effective Legal Secretary Commercially focusedADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I enjoy listening and playing music; organising and holding charity events and socialising.
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST