Secretary Job Description
As Secretary, your role will be to provide a secretarial, typing and administrative service to the Team Leaders within ABC Company. You will be expected to produce a wide range of different typed documents, including letters, reports, minutes and presentation slides, and to manage the information systems within the office in an appropriate manner.
The Secretary will play an important part in the smooth running of the office and the operating systems surrounding the Team Leader group. You will be expected to problem solve in their absence and provide them with information from files and archives as needed.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To type correspondence, meeting minutes and reports in an appropriate format and with the minimum of error. The preparation of reports will require a degree of initiative, as you will be required to research some information for inclusion.
2. To ensure that letters are dispatched and other documents are distributed as required.
3. To book meeting rooms, arrange refreshments and ensure that invited people will be attending.
4. To manage the diaries of a small number of Team Leaders, including inserting appointments, training dates, holidays, etc.
5. To provide an efficient email service to Team Leaders who are out of the office. To ensure that any urgent information is sent as quickly as possible.
6. To file paperwork in accordance with the Company’s filing systems.
7. To take phone messages for the Team Leader group and pass on messages promptly.
8. To organise the office’s incoming mail and ensure that it reaches the correct recipients.
9. To assist with office systems such as insurance, travel expense claims and teleconferencing facilities.
10. To be responsible for ordering stationery and small items of equipment for the office.
11. To assist in ensuring that IT system back ups are done at the end of each working day.
12. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
13. To undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post as and when required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A secretarial or administrative qualificationExcellent typing speed (50 words per minute minimum)Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPointGood general knowledge of office systems and proceduresGood command of EnglishExcellent communications skills (face to face, telephone and email)SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
Experience of using databasesPrevious experience of providing a diary management service to managersSee also :
Secretary CV Example
Secretary Cover Letter